harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:03:56 GMT
On Tuesday 31 October 2006 02:27 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > So I should either create a new 4th category for tests with custom build
> > file, or extend one of the current categories which we have. The most
> > close to what I need is probably smoke tests category. I need to add
> > building native code part and add a custom command line setting
> > somewhere.
> >
> > Or do you think I should go with completely new tests category?
>
> New category

Hmm... I shouldn't have asked, or I wouldn't receive two different answers :)

I don't want to create a huge discussion out of it like most [testing]
discussions become. Just want to know your arguments to create one more tests
category.

Now that I looked at the smoke tests build more closely and found a paths
problem which I don't know how to fix, I am also inclined to make my own
build script to have it separated. <joke>I would at least know how it works
and own this secret like someone who wrote smoke build script does.</joke>