harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:24:34 GMT
Hello

JVMTI implementation is quite a big piece of drlvm code which doesn't have any
tests that are ran regularly. This may create regressions in JVMTI
implementation which won't be caught early. So I want to add several small
tests for JVMTI which would cover most of the currently implemented
functionality.

The specific of such tests is that they have to have a custom command line, to
specify -agentlib:<agent name> library. They also require to build native
code. They need to be run in default (JIT) mode and on interpreter.

Current tests which we have for commit checks for drlvm don't have these
features out of the box. Cunit tests build native code, but don't run java
executable. Smoke and kernel tests don't have native code and don't have a
custom command line.

So I should either create a new 4th category for tests with custom build file,
or extend one of the current categories which we have. The most close to what
I need is probably smoke tests category. I need to add building native code
part and add a custom command line setting somewhere.

Or do you think I should go with completely new tests category?