harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][test]Exclude some tests from "build test" target, make 'build test' pass
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:40:58 GMT
On Wednesday 25 October 2006 20:29 Volynets, Vera wrote:
> Geir
> Some tests launched by command "build test" fail.
> The idea of  "build test" is to run it before each commit. In this way you
> can catch regressions. In order to effectively catch regressions, i.e.
> tests that started to fail after some change, it's necessary to have 'build
> test' pass in a stable way. One of the ways to achieve stable state is to
> exclude failing tests or tests which show unstable behavior. So I analysed
> statistics of test runs on win ia32 platform and made up a list of tests to
> be excluded: 1) smoke
> *** gc.LOS fails always on jitrino and interpreter, debug and release

On windows XP. Can we exclude it only for win32 and leave it on Linux?

> 2) kernel
> *** java.lang.ClasssGenericsTest and
> *** java.lang.ClassGenericsTest4 fail because of timeout, so I  increase
> timeout in kernel.test.xml

These tests work for me on Windows. But on Linux these tests fail with lost of
different exceptions:

For java.lang.ClassGenericsTest:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassGenericsTest$Mc009^Z^Z^Z
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/ClassGenericsTest$Mc007^Z
java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type
java.lang.ClassGenericsTest$Mc009\0d5\0b6\0db\080\0db\0b1 not present

For java.lang.ClassGenericsTest4:

Some NPEs from unobvious sources. I've attached two test reports to this
email. Anyways, it looks like timeout is not the case for these tests
failures.

> *** java.lang.ObjectTest fail on interpreter
> with following message: Testsuite: java.lang.ObjectTest
>      Tests run: 18, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 6.109 sec
>      Testcase: testWait1(java.lang.ObjectTest):	FAILED
>      An InterruptedException must be thrown in test thread!
>     junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: An InterruptedException must be
> thrown in test thread!

This test works ok for me, probably after HARMONY-1823 was applied. Are you
sure you run the latest sources?