harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dlrvm] ClassCircularityError in recursive compilation (Was: Re: [drlvm] smoke test : gc PhantomReferenceQueueTest is really unstable)
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:30:53 GMT
On Tuesday 24 October 2006 19:20 Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> I would like to request for comments on a possible way of getting rid
> of java execution from vm_hint_finalize(). The initial patch is attached to
> HARMONY-1952.

You've also modified the problematic test in it. Are you sure this
modification doesn't change the test behavior in any way? Wouldn't it be
better to check that original test works well with it?

Hmm... what if jthread_monitor_try_enter(finalizer_thread) fails, that is,
monitor is owned by another thread? Is the lock global for all finalization
threads? It won't give good results if there is more than one of them.

Other than that I think your approach with notifying finalizer threads instead
of running the code on the same stack is better.