harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Revision #465514 broke image decoders.
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:53:22 GMT

On 24 October 2006 at 18:25, "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Where are the tests for these decoders? How did you determine that
> > > they no longer worked?
> 
> Unfortunately, these classes are not covered with the unit tests.
> 
> I was running a simple test application that did something like this:
> Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage("image.jpg");
> and if failed with a NPE.

That's the start of a unit test, are you going to finish it? ;-)

> > I removed the final modifiers
> At the first glance it seems like the problem doesn't appear any more.
> 
> > There were only 3-4 other fields that were finalized. Your email
> > mentioned "a lot of invalid modifications"; what are the other issues,
> > specifically?
> Only final fields. No other issues. But 3-4 in 3 classes - it is alot for me 
> :)

But not a lot compared to the number of cleanup changes Nathan has been
busy making!

Regards,
 Mark.

> On 10/24/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I removed the final modifiers; this only affected PngDecoder,
> > GifDecoder and JpegDecoder. I missed the comments in the fields of
> > JpegDecoder, that was my mistake.
> >
> > There were only 3-4 other fields that were finalized. Your email
> > mentioned "a lot of invalid modifications"; what are the other issues,
> > specifically?
> >
> > -Nathan
> >
> > On 10/24/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Where are the tests for these decoders? How did you determine that
> > > they no longer worked?
> > >
> > > I'll remove the final modifiers.
> > >
> > > -Nathan
> > >
> > > On 10/24/06, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > Rev. 465514 introduced a lot of invalid modifications to the
> > > > GifDecoder, PngDecoder and JpegDecoder. There were a number of fields
> > > > modified or initialized from the native code only, but they were
> > > > redeclared as final, so the decoders doesn't work properly any more.
> > > >
> > > > This revision has the following comment:
> > > >
> > > > Cleanup code
> > > > * Add if/else braces
> > > > * Add missing annotations
> > > > * Add type variables
> > > > * Use foreach loops
> > > > * etc
> > > >
> > > > I'd suggest to roll back this revision and redo the cleanup in the
> > > > more accurate way.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >   Oleg
> > > >
> > >
> >
> 



Mime
View raw message