harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:22:55 GMT
On Tuesday 17 October 2006 00:13 Fedotov, Alexei A wrote:
> We have mighty guys on this list. Why cannot we just fix these tests
> instead of excluding them?

Because a test like gc.LOS hangs on windows for a month or more as far as I
remember. AFAIK (excuse me if I missed something, I've caught up with emails
skipping some) the problems come from APR implementation on windows, but I am
not sure if there is a patch for APR to fix the problem.

I hoped for a quick fix too because I don't like tests exclusion myself. But
when the problem proves to be hard to solve it is better to put the test
aside and have clean test runs to make development easier for everyone.