harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:43:21 GMT
Hello

After reading several threads about drlvm tests failing for quite a while I
decided we need to exclude them temporarily until the bugs are fixed. When on
test fails, it means that other are not run after it because drlvm has
several sets of tests which run in different modes, so there are many test
runs in one "build test" command. When some test doesn't work for quite some
time it means that other may not be ran for this period and we can get more
failures accidently.

Excluding tests is not good, but not running some basic commit checks is
worse, so I think we need to disable them until the bugs are fixed. So far I
know about 3 tests which fail for sure:

gc.LOS - stably hangs on windows XP
gc.Finalizer and gc.PhantomReferenceQueue - fail because of incorrect CCE
condition detected, fail with rate less than 100%. Ok I've just read that
Geir has excluded them already

Are there any other tests which don't work perfectly to do a clean tests run?
I think we need it do make minimal commit checks for drlvm.

I've seen java.lang.ThreadTest in kernel tests to output something that it has
failed on reference JRE. Is this test correct if it doesn't work on RI? The
failure however doesn't seem to make test run to fail so maybe we could leave
this test for now.

I also have a question about 15 smoke tests excluded with XXX or X_int
keywords. They've been disabled since I remember. Is there any reason why
they aren't included in test runs?