harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build]Lacks liblcms.a libpng.a and etc on Linux and recommend to add them to fetch-depends target
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:57:54 GMT
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 05:28 Leo Li wrote:
> But I cannot find the rpm for liblcms.a and icc34.h in the CD. There is no
> liblcms*.rpm or lcms*.rpm.  And what do you mean official mirror, the
> redhat site?
>
> Although I admit rpmfind is not a good way, but it really works after I
> installed all the necessary packages and put the required files to the
> appropriate position.
>
> At least Harmony should gives some hints, for example, which rpm is
> required and where to get them. Since not every body is an expert of rpm,
> and aware of  the relationship between the required files and rpms, as well
> as their versions, as you said, "the rpm hell".

Yes I agree that there should be some necessary library requirements for
building all of the harmony components, and these requirements should be
described in some place. This was agreed in another branch of this thread.

As to rpm packages, send me a email directly, please write which version of
redhat you have installed. I am sure I can help you with installing the
necessary packages.