harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dlrvm] ClassCircularityError in recursive compilation (Was: Re: [drlvm] smoke test : gc PhantomReferenceQueueTest is really unstable)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:21:14 GMT
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 16:15 Pavel Pervov wrote:
> (Branching from original thread as this is different problem than in the
> root message.)

Wasn't it the same problem, just happening on classlib initialization? I think
the scenario is the same.

> The following scenario will fail:
>
> 1) JIT compiles some method and resolves some class "A" through user
> defined class loader
> 2) user define class loader loads class "A" and triggers compilation of
> some of its methods
> 3) this method happens to depend on class "A", and, thus, JIT resolves the
> class "A" through the same class loader
>
> Voila! We have the described situation.

A synthetic test for drlvm could really help to emphasize the problem. Then we
can run this test on all other VMs with possible modifications. BTW sun's
hotspot should compile a method if it is called several times, so user
defined class loader could do something like calling this method many times
to trigger its compilation.