harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: Wonka, Mika, and Apache
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:46:13 GMT
On Thursday 05 October 2006 18:00, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Don't forget that you can have an embeddable SE - it doesn't have to be ME.

Yes, but a full SE nowadays is pretty big. JavaME CDC is basically a defined
subset of SE at the package level, and this is what Wonka aims to support.
There is nothing missing in terms of VM functionality (contrast with CLDC).

> I fully expect that over time, this project will have multiple virtual
> machines, as well as multiple builds for classlib to support various
> deployment platforms.

Once you can overcome the "no subsetting" restriction, yes.

I've written to Punch Telematix about the bulk contribution checklist, I await
a reply.

Cheers,

Chris