harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: Wonka, Mika, and Apache
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:27:09 GMT
Hi Noel,

> Does this still include the hardware portability layer?  Any synergies with
> APR?  Does it include the AWT code?

And here is my reply to Noel's message:

Hi Noel,

The code runs on x86, ARM, MIPS, and PowerPC; basically it should run on any
normal 32-bit processor (with or without MMU) for which a GNU toolchain
exists. The OSwald internal RTOS is still there as an API, but we no longer
use it to schedule Java threads within a Linux process, as recent changes to
gclib mean that the __errno_location hack no longer works. On Linux we
currently use o4p to map OSwald threads 1:1 onto pthreads.

The OSwald API is a kind of alternative to APR. There may be synergies.

The AWT code is included. It is mainly designed for LCD/touchscreen
environments, either directly on a framebuffer or in a single X window (which
we treat as a "virtual framebuffer").

Best regqrds,

Chris