harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][build] Improvements to build system
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:23:27 GMT
--- Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I have a kind request for "test" target
> customization:
> 1) need ability to pass extra arguments to tested
> jre. This is useful
> for testing various configurations of VM, e.g.
> different execution
> engines in DRLVM.

you mean like passing nested <sysproperty> and
<syspropertyset> to <junit>?  These are available.

> 2) easy switching between fork modes "perTest" &
> "once". This is
> actual for testing unstable VMs.

So just use a junit.forkmode property defaulted to
"once" and overridable with -D from the command line.

Another popular strategy for using user-specific setup
is to have your buildfiles attempt to load a
properties file by a well-known name early on (first
thing):

<property file="build.properties" />

If the file does not exist, no harm, no foul.  If it
does exist it is a convenient place to override
default property settings.

-Matt

> Or I'm just not aware of smth? Hmm, seems we can use
> "harmonyvm.properties" to workaround item 1) ...
>
> --
> Alexey
[SNIP]