harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [testing] Coverage (was Re: 37% of total test execution time is spent in a single test)
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:22:04 GMT

On 3 October 2006 at 21:08, "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have one more question about coverage: should it be the part of the B&T
> infrastructure or integrated to the current classlib build system?
>
> From my point of view it should be a part of B&TI while it is rarely used
> functionality and no needs to waste regular build by this data (it does not
> required to duplicate code while coverage depends on regular build and we
> should describe it in the readme.txt).
>

> By the way, we (at least I :) ) going to have some different scripts in the
> B&I modules:
>
>  - code coverage (issue 564);
>
>  - cruise control (issue 995);
>
>  - japi script (In progress);
>
>  - script to simple download and run tests against HDK.
>

> Seems, that it will OK to have some wrapper for these scripts and one set of
> properties.
>
> Something like: 'ant cc' - to run cruise control, 'ant coverage' - to
> calculate coverage etc.
>
> If no objections I will try to implement it after 'run japi' script.

Regarding the 'run japi' script what are you planning to do here?  The
IBM Build/test builds also run japi (on linux only since we get enough
information using one platform and linux is easier).  We might as well
share ant code.

Also note that to get anything like reasonable data you need to be
running the latest japi from CVS.

Regards,
 Mark.