harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Using the HDK ( was Re: [general] jre and hdk snapshots posted to general snapshot site )
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:10:41 GMT

On 2 October 2006 at 8:52, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we can generate some kind of dependency graph as part of the
> build, so that if testing in a module, it can figure out the set of
> modules to test that are "n-away" dependent.  (IOW, test module + 1-away
> because it's quick, then before checkin test module + 2-away [or all])

I wondered about this for a different reason...

I think it might be interesting to be able to automate this even in
a fairy rough way since I'm interested to see what dependencies we
are adding between our modules over time.  Since my impression (based
on no real evidence) is that we perhaps aren't really giving it much
thought.

-Mark.