harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Eugene Ostrovsky" <eugene.s.ostrov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] Profiling support.
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:34:18 GMT
The design seems to be rather simple.
We need to emit the event on allocation of java objects that is performed by
VM itself.
The proposed solution is to
1. Create a wrapper function for gc_alloc() which will send the events to
jvmti agents right after calling gc_alloc().
2. Call this wrapper in place of gc_aloc() in the following cases:
  (i)   allocation of j.l.Class objects in class loader
  (ii)  allocation of strings in VM
  (iii) allocation of the clone object in Object.clone() implementation