harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Artem Aliev" <artem.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Thread me tender, thread me true, never throw an OOM...
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:47:38 GMT
Gier,

I do some experiments on this issue.
It is funny, but it is reproduced only by ubuntu user that logged to console.
It does not reproduce on SuSe at all.

Following sequence is more funny : ))
#ali@ubuntu> java Test
fail ... on 370
#ali@ubuntu> su - kna
#kna@ubuntu> java Test
passed with 4700000
#kna@ubuntu> su - ali
ali@ubuntu> java Test
passed with 4700000

I'll try to solve  the mystery.
It could be a problem with freeing memory from dead threads and with
the linkage.
Attached build fix introduce  -lpthread shared linkage. This allows
specify thread stack size in our VM (1M by default). thread count int
Test increase from 370 to 1000.

Thanks
Artem