harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Serguei Zapreyev" <sergueiszapre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][kernel & exception handling] several issues
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:07:31 GMT
On 10/3/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/10/3, Serguei Zapreyev <sergueiszapreyev@gmail.com>:
> > Dear committers,
> >

> > I filed recently the HARMONY-1573, -1650, -1651, -1654 issues with the
> > suggested patches.
> >
> > So, to avoid redoubling efforts or superposition of commits because of
> delay
> >
> > could somebody take them under a control to estimate and apply if it is
> > necessary?
> >
> > All the more, the 1650 and 1573 issues seem to be able to upset somehow
> the
> > execution stability of a big application.
>
> Serguei,
>
> the HARMONY-1573 is mostly about j.l.Process impl. I believe we shoud
> consider reusing
> org\apache\harmony\luni\internal\process\SystemProcess.java available
> in luni rather than fixing alternative impl in DRLVM.
> What do you think?

Alexey,

I guess few items should be took into consideration before doing some
conclusions here.

First, DRLVM's implementation of Runtime has been checked during a lot of
testing milestones.
Second, its code is well known for DRLVM developers, so it's easy to
maintain it in this hot time.
Third, we have no good test set (like TCK) to compare the discussed impls.
Forth, we have no methods to estimate performance of impls.

So, I think your suggestion isn't too actual just now and may be considered
some later.
 There is no need to upset the current stability just now.
I think the attached patches should be applayed in the nearest time to
improve the
used code. All the more, this patch combines some issues apart from the
Process.

Thanks,
Serguei