harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threadmanager] Fast thread local data access
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:36:40 GMT
Good idea.

We can use it in fast path of GC allocation. We can have fast TLS base
access compiled in managed code + constant already known offset of
TLS-fields used by GC. Can be significant speedup in comparison to
current scheme. One thing to care about is intercomponent
communication of TLS values offsets used by GC.
--
Ivan