harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Jitrino.OPT performs incorrect GC enumeration in nested loop with array accesses
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:35:44 GMT
This is not the same. In your example, if the second reference points
to previous position of object it will be automatically updated
according to installed forwarding pointer.

We have different problem. The reported offset within object is
incorrect, as the base is taken from new location of object, but
interior pointer points to old object location.

Here is algorithm.
before GC:
 *interior_pointer == base + offset
after GC:
 *interior_pointer_updated == new_base + offset

Reported offset should be: offset = *interior_pointer - base;
But we have: offset' = *interior_pointer - new_base;

After GC interior_pointer should be updated:
  *interior_pointer_updated = new_base + offset
But in our case it will be:
 *interiour_pointer_updated' = new_base + offset' = new_base +
*interior_pointer - new_base = *interior_pointer

So, interior_pointer will not be updated.
--
Ivan