harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Jitrino.OPT performs incorrect GC enumeration in nested loop with array accesses
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:39:03 GMT
On 05 Oct 2006 17:09:35 +0700, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, JIT & GC gurus!
>
> I'd like to share my observations on HARMONY-1862 and move the
> discussion from JIRA. Mikhail, Ivan, your opinions are extremely
> valuable!
>
> > Mikhail Fursov commented on HARMONY-1682:
> >
> > Ivan, I checked the test you sent
> > The test fails and GC runs only once before the failure.
> > I moved all methods except the problem one to Jitrino.JET and
> > Jitrino.OPT reports only 2 items: one object and one [mptr,
> > object] pair with a small offset.

Well, I have little knowledge in jitrino internals, same for my
ability to read IR trees.

"The offset == MAX_INT is interpreted as unknown. In this case the
correct base for a
managed pointer is chosen in runtime: the algorithm searches for the nearest
known base."

Is this can be a problem? If the base pointer is optimized out and we
will find different object base?
--
Ivan