harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gerald Jerome <gerald.jer...@verizonbusiness.com>
Subject [classlib][xnet] Problem connecting using SSLSocketImpl
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:42:56 GMT
Hello, I'm trying to use an SSLSocketImpl object to connect to a host
another group has written that uses the TLS protocol and the OpenSSL
library.  I have no problems using the Sun JSSE classes to do this.  The
issue is that the sun JDK does not support renegotiation using the SSLSocket
class.  It appears that this is supported by the harmony project using
SSLSocketImpl via SSLSocketFactory (SSLSocketFactory.createSocket());
however, when trying to initiate a handshake with the host, I receive an
unexpected_message exception.  Retrieving the list of supported suites gives
me a list of 32 with the following TLS suites:

-TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

-TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

-TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

-TLS_DH_anon_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_RC4_128_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_RC4_128_MD5

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_MD5

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_WITH_DES_CBC_MD5

-TLS_KRB5_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_MD5

-TLS_KRB5_EXPORT_WITH_DES_CBC_40_SHA

-TLS_KRB5_EXPORT_WITH_DES_CBC_40_MD5

I believe the exception is due to the cipher suites supported by the host
are not supported by my client, in particular, the
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA  cipher suite which I believe is the one used
when I connect using sun's JSSE.  I'd like to inquire if there is any
intention in the future to support any of the TLS AES type cipher suites?
If you have any other ideas on what may be causing this exception please let
me know.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gerald Jerome