harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [classlib] Recognizing lock objects
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:17:33 GMT
There may be value in doing this, but what's the increase in class file
overhead? Every new class that gets created for these locks ends up as
another class file that has to be stored (takes up drive space) and has to
be loaded (takes up memory in the class loader). Ever additional class file
takes up at least 1K of space on Windows.

How many of these locks are we talking about?

-Nathan