harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Armand Navabi" <anav...@purdue.edu>
Subject RE: Can't get binary to work
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:16:22 GMT
Seemed promising, but this patch did not help.

I ran "java -Xtrace helloworld" to see if it even got to the patched code,
but it seems like my code hangs even before getting to that code.

I'm really not sure what my next step is to try to get the VM up and running
correctly.

Armand

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Varlamov [mailto:alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:54 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't get binary to work

2006/10/9, Armand Navabi <anavabi@purdue.edu>:
> Yes, I am still having problems.
>
> Like I said, I am just trying to run the executable currently.  I see the
> same problem I was seeing when I built the DRLVM.
>
> I downloaded the Latest Linux JRE snapshot build, set the JAVA_HOME, PATH
> and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables and then tried to run
helloworld.
> Sometimes the executable will print "hello world!" and then hang, and
> sometimes it will just hang.  Same thing happens when I download and try
> run the Latest Linux HDK with helloworld.

Armand,

The symptoms you are describing similar to investigation results of
HARMONY-1816. It is interesting to see if the patch helps you.

> My platform is Linux Gentoo 2.6.17.8.
>
> Thanks,
> Armand

/scratch/anavabi/Harmony/harmony-jre-r450941/bin:/scratch/anavabi/Harmony/ha
> > rmony-jre-r450941/bin/default/
> >
> > PATH

.:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bi

n/3.4.6:/opt/ICAClient:/opt/sun-jdk-1.5.0.06/bin:/opt/sun-jdk-1.5.0.06/jre/b