harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Armand Navabi" <anav...@purdue.edu>
Subject RE: Can't get binary to work
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 04:55:33 GMT
> Yes, I am still having problems.
>
> Like I said, I am just trying to run the executable currently.  I see the
> same problem I was seeing when I built the DRLVM.
>
> I downloaded the Latest Linux JRE snapshot build, set the JAVA_HOME, PATH
> and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables and then tried to run
> helloworld.  Sometimes the executable will print "hello world!" and then
> hang, and sometimes it will just hang.  Same thing happens when I download
> and try to run the Latest Linux HDK with helloworld.
>
> My platform is Linux Gentoo 2.6.17.8.

Since I see the same exact thing when I actually build it myself, perhaps
this is useful.  This is what happens in gdb for the version I build:

Starting program:
/scratch/anavabi/Harmony/trunk/working_vm/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jr
e/bin/java helloworld
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 1304)]
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 1305)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 1306)]
[New Thread 32771 (LWP 1307)]

Program received signal SIGUSR2, User defined signal 2.
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1304)]
0xb7b2caab in read () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7b2caab in read () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1  0xb6fc7be0 in ?? () from
/scratch/anavabi/Harmony/trunk/working_vm/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jr
e/bin/default/libharmonyvm.so
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Even when it successfully prints "hello world!", it still exists this same
way (Program received signal SIGUSR2, User defined signal 2) from
libpthread.so.

Perhaps my pthread libraries are out of date?

Thanks,
Armand