harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jitrino.JET] "-Xem jet:" and "-Xjit jet::wb4j" don't work anymore
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:01:50 GMT
On the 0x1F3 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Egor,
> I think this is right suggestion to synchronize our WB and H1580
> implementations.  AFAIK H1580 uses old JET version and is not
> compatible with the latest compiler version.

Agreed.

This patch is "before BBC" if this is what you mean. Need to test
against a newer revision. Mikhail, I guess, it's you who are going to
provide the committable version of the JET/WB patch. So it's up to you
whether to update or reimplement...

> If it's true, our implementation for the new JET/OPT version will do the job
> for the both subprojects.
>
> The only question I have now is a question to Geir and other commiters:
> Do I really need to create a new JIRA for WB support in Jitrino? Or is it
> better to add my patches to H1580?
> I ask this because the last time a person added a patch to the JIRA created
> by me was asked by Geir to use another JIRA to separate our contributions (I
> mean Jitrino.OPT testing framework).

That makes me confused a little. Another question from me:

Can I combine some patches and attach them back to JIRA listing all
original contributors to the patch explicitly? If yes, I would be
happy. If no, that makes it difficult to exchange ideas/code/etc. Are
there any recommendations how to make effective development of a big
feature (say, new ABCD or JIT-testing framework) a) by several people
b) avoiding commits to SVN for a long time?

..sorry, not obvious to me, could not find the answer in Apache FAQs
:(