harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:13:28 GMT
On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2006, at 6:34 AM, Egor Pasko wrote:
>
> > On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> >> For grins, can you set JAVA_HOME to the deploy/jre directory and
> >> PATH to
> >>  include jre/bin?
> >
> > lots of grins here :)
> > I set them, it runs well (with my patches, but, anyway), this problem
>
> What are you patches?

nothing special:
* launcher debug mode (O0, -g)
* libhysig.so included in
  modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/linux/makefile
* hymem_free_memory commented out in
  modules/luni/src/main/native/common/shared/strhelp.c
  (this one is rather experimantal, the root cause was incorrect
   handling of JAVA_HOME)

BTW, I was pointing JAVA_HOME to RI by mistake. Resulting in SIGSEGV
in this case is not the best idea. Can we overcome it in some way?

> > persists:
> > java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
> > "libhyzlib.so": DSO load failed
> >
> > whooa! I feel more comfortable now :)
>
> Why?  why did the DSO load fail?

I am afraid, it looks for DSO in ".", which is a wrong assumption :)
I'll take a look, but do not promise to be fast))