harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jitrino.JET] "-Xem jet:" and "-Xjit jet::wb4j" don't work anymore
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:36:49 GMT
On the 0x1F3 day of Apache Harmony Weldon Washburn wrote:

> > > Well, the "-X..." is unsuported old style switches.
> >
> > You sure?  Anything that is prefixed with -Xem: will be processed.
> > Whether or not the em deals with it is another story.
> >
> > Did you actually try it?
>

> I hacked around with it and got the following response:
>
> C:\t_harmony\drlvm\trunk\vm\MMTk>c:\t_harmony\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_de
> bug\deploy\jre\bin\java.exe -Xbootclasspath/p:.;mmtk.jar -Xjit:jet::wb4j
> TestGe
> nMS 2
> *                            WARNING !                              *
> * Command line options in form of -Xjit jet::arg are deprecated !   *
> *                                                                   *
> * The jet:: parameters are IGNORED                                  *
> *                                                                   *
> * To pass arguments to Jitrino.JET use                              *
> *          -Djit.<jit_name>.arg=value                               *
> * Use                                                               *
> *          -Djit.<jit_name>.show=help                               *
> * to get the list of supported args.                                *

The warning is right. If you want JET to do all compilation, use "java
-Xem:jet". If you want to set additional params to JET, look at
.../bin/default/jet.emconf (or whatever .emconf you are using,
"client.emconf" is the default) and find the name of the corresponding
JIT. For jet.emconf it is "JET"

so, any option will be "-Djit.JET.arg=value"
"value" is obligatory

happy hacking