harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:17:51 GMT
On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> $ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/
> trunk
> $ cd trunk
> $ ant switch_svn_vm
> $ ant switch_svn_classlib
>
> which should result in a a checkout of classlib SVN head into
> 'working_classlib', a checkout of DRLVM SVN head into 'working_vm'.
> (You could have done just an 'ant' w/ no arguments, that would have
> done the above, plus a full build, but that's really targetted at
> building snapshots.
>
> Then you have each tree that you can build independently. (I'm doing
> all of this from memory, so if some of the ant targets are slightly
> wrong, I apologize in advance...) For classlib :
>
> $ cd working_classlib
> $ ant fetch-depends
> $ ant
>
> and then
>
> $ cd working_vm/build
> $ sh build.sh update
> $ sh build.sh

Geir, thanks for clarification. I do almost the same thing, but it
does NOT solve the problem on SUSE for me yet. The most unpleasant for
me here is that GDB does not help:

$ gdb java
GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) handle SIGSEGV stop
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGSEGV       Yes       Yes     Yes             Segmentation fault
(gdb) set args -showversion Hello
(gdb) r
Starting program: /export/users/evpasko/svn/2/harmony/enhanced/trunk/working_vm/build/deploy/jre/bin/java
-showversion Hello
[New Thread 1080381568 (LWP 4658)]
[New Thread 1083587504 (LWP 4661)]
Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 4658: generic error
(gdb)

does GDB work for you?