harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:52:32 GMT
On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> What's different about how you build?

I just run "ant" from "enhanced/trunk", and when it breaks, I do what
you suggested. There is almost no difference because not many things
are done additionally to switch_svn_vm and switch_svn_classlib.

> Are you building from SVN source?

yes, sure, I tried various scenarios of building, but result is the
same: segmentation fault somewhere sopposedly in launcher. At least,
Alexey Varlamov could reproduce it..

>  Is it release or debug?

This is debug config. Now I am building the launcher in debug mode and
trying to investivate more...

> What happens when you run?

currently it is like this:

$ ./java -showversion Hello
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or its licensors,
as applicable.
java version "1.5.0"
pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
svn = r447722, (Sep 19 2006), Linux/ia32/gcc 3.3.3, debug build
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony
SIGSEGV in VM code.
Stack trace:
        1: free (??:-1)
        4: hymem_free_memory (/export/users/evpasko/svn/2/harmony/enhanced/trunk/working_classlib/modules/luni/src/main/native/port/linux/hymem.c:115)
        6: properties_free (../shared/strhelp.c:97)
<end of stack trace>
Segmentation fault