harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] current tests - can we focus on getting everything to pass?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:47:27 GMT
On the 0x1F2 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> Right now, we have lots of tests that are skipped in smoke tests, and
> some that fail in kernel, and I believe that we're still failing the
> classlib test suite.
>
> We should drive this to goodness and health.  How shall we start?  :)

I am working on the ClassLoaderTest :)
"memopt" optimization pass makes it fail, it even removes some
array-bounds-checks (surprize, surprize), which looks like, ehm,
unfair. For now I could not reduce the test to a small one. On small
pieces of code "memopt" works less dangerously.

Disabling "memopt" helps, but that would drop performance down. You
can disable it temporarily if stability is very critical. Just edit
the opt.emconf file (and server.emconf, etc.)