harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Durnev" <dmitry.a.dur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] my latest round of patches broke something
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:21:36 GMT
On 9/26/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> 3) we should ignore the patch you inlined in the message before this one
>

> I'm not sure. This patch eliminates a lot of test failures as I mentioned
> before (BTW you also commented on same issue into H-1457).
> Do we want to live with this? And one more note is our patch is not related
> with eliminating the ActiveMQ crash. It's another story.
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.

For me nothing works under windows (on latest drlvm/debug build)
without this patch. Even "Hello, world" fails(after printing "Hello
world!") with

SEH handler: shutdown error

and shows 2 debug messegaboxes(1 is from the launcher).
And this happens irrespective of my JAVA_HOME setting, I tried both
to unset it, and to point to Harmony JRE...
Debugging shows that in apr_thread_ext.c in apr_thread_set_priority()
SetThreadPriority(*os_thread,...) call fails with access violation...
So I think your patch, Vladimir, is useful :)

--

Dmitry A. Durnev,
Intel Middleware Products Division