harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Durnev" <dmitry.a.dur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] none of kernel tests passed for the recent sources
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:42:09 GMT
I observe vm crash with the similar stack trace on my SUSE Linux box,
 when trying to launch "Hello World" app on debug version of DRLVM:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xbfffbde8 ***
SIGSEGV in VM code.
Stack trace:
	1: free (??:-1)
	2: ?? (??:-1)
	3: ?? (??:-1)
	4: hymem_free_memory (??:-1)
	5: find_call_JNI_OnLoad
(/export/workspace/drlvm/vm/vmcore/src/util/natives_support.cpp:117)
	6: properties_free (??:-1)
	7: find_call_JNI_OnLoad
(/export/workspace/drlvm/vm/vmcore/src/util/natives_support.cpp:117)
	8: ?? (??:-1)
	9: readClassPathFromPropertiesFile (??:-1)
	10: ?? (??:-1)
	11: ?? (??:-1)
	12: ?? (??:-1)
	13: ?? (??:-1)
	14: ?? (??:-1)
	15: _dl_runtime_resolve (??:-1)
	16: ?? (??:-1)
	17: JNI_OnLoad (??:-1)
	18: ?? (??:-1)
<end of stack trace>

On 9/19/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > > Geir,
> > >
> > > I found out none of the DRRVM kernel tests passed recently. Although
> > > all fine worked yet yesterday.
> > >
> > > *build.bat -Djunit.jar=%JUNIT_HOME% kernel.test*
> > >     [echo]
> > >     [echo]             ==================================
> > >     [echo]             Run kernel tests using jitrino.jet
> > >     [echo]             ==================================
> > >     [echo]
> > >    [mkdir] Created dir:
> > >
> > C:\DrlSrc\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\semis\kernel.tests\reports\jitrino.jet
> > >
> > >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class1_5Test
> > >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
> > >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
> > >     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
> > >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class5Test
> > >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
> > >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
> > >     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
> > >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest
> > >    [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
> > >
> > > ^C
> > >
> > > I suspect you can know a clue for this issue. Probably I missed anything
> > > and didn't note what was modifed.
> >
> > Why are they failing?  AS of yesterday, I thought they were all passing
> > for me.  I wouldn't have checked anything in if I saw that they were
> > failing en-masse.  (We do need to have a "stop the world" as we
> > stabilize DRLVM, figure out why tests fail apparently randomly, etc...)
>

> Agree. I also try to understand this.
>
> I'm running kernel tests now on Ubuntu 6, release build, and they are
> > running fine.
> >
> > What platform?
>

> debug version on Windows platforms. I have no success on SUSE LINUX as well:

> -run-kernel-test-batch:
>    [mkdir] Created dir:
> /nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/kernel.tests/reports/batch.mode
>    [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.lang.generics.ClassLoaderTest
>    [junit] SIGSEGV in VM code.
>    [junit] Stack trace:
>    [junit]     1: properties_free (??:-1)
>    [junit]     2: ?? (??:-1)
>    [junit]     3: readClassPathFromPropertiesFile (??:-1)
>    [junit]     4: ?? (??:-1)
>    [junit]     5: ?? (??:-1)
>    [junit]     6: ?? (??:-1)
>    [junit]     7: ?? (??:-1)