harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] current tests - can we focus on getting everything to pass?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:32:30 GMT
Apparently there are some threading issues, which affect almost all
suites (except may be smoke tests). I observe quite many sporadic
crashes in c-unit, kernel and classlib tests. For example, the
following assert fails often:
 drlvm/vm/thread/src/thread_native_suspend.c:351:
hythread_set_safepoint_callback: Assertion `status == (0)' failed.
Another incomprehensible error is described in HARMONY-1614.
These defects most probably point to races in TM or VM internals, and
are hard enough to insulate and root-cause.

Aside from that, there are "known" stable failures, like kernel
ThreadTest and ClassLoaderTest, or classlib's
org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.JarOutputStreamTest and
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest. These are
good candidates to fix first - especially Thread related - maybe this
would help to get closer to more subtle defects.