harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1363 - status update
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:18:31 GMT
15 Sep 2006 16:05:25 +0700, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com>:
> On the 0x1E5 day of Apache Harmony Egor Pasko wrote:
> > On the 0x1E5 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> > > Ok - I was testing with Tomcat 5.5.17 on Ubuntu and it seems to work
> > > wiht both release and debug builds.
> > >
> > > Strange problem is that something is really slow - server start time
> > > is something like 17 sec on my machine, but 1.7 w/ Sun.  Clearly
> > > something is broken.
> >
> > I am looking into the slow startup problem.
> > It'll take some time to download everything...
>
> hmm.. I had to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to dynamically link to
> libhysig.so (I remember there was a pretty java.exec some day, now it
> is gone)
>
> And got a failure as follows:
> $ ./java Hello
> free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd148!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x40b7960e!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x40d6da7c!
> free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd148!
> SIGSEGV in VM code.
> Stack trace:
>
> after that VM hang not responding to ^C, killed
> similar things on debug and release configs...

Ooops.  Got it exactly the same way, but even after killing console is frozen:
<console------------>
$> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./java Hello
free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd988!
free(): invalid pointer 0x40b7960e!
free(): invalid pointer 0x40d6e93c!
free(): invalid pointer 0xbfffd988!
SIGSEGV in VM code.
Stack trace:
</console------------>

And one more crash:
<console------------>
$> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./java
Harmony Java launcher
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
java: /nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/avarlamo/harmony/linux.ia32/svn-repo/drlvm/vm/thread/src/thread_native_fat_monitor.c:183:
monitor_wait_impl: Assertion `saved_recursion<1' failed.
Aborted

It is curious that "build.sh test" passes smoke tests...