harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] putting kernel.jar in jre/bin/default
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:13:05 GMT
Looks like sending my reply failed, here is a second try:

> I'm not sure I catch up what you mean, about Emma, Harmony's current
> test coverage exclude list[1] shows that not all classes can be
> instrumented, I don't think it is due to the position of kernel classes.

Paulex,

I'm sorry for causing confusion - I was a bit wrong. I experienced
troubles with complete overriiding via "-Xbootclasspath:" argument,
and just prepending "-Xbootclasspath/p:" works OK. Not all kernel
classes are instrumented due to dependencies in instrumentation code
itself, this is of course different thing.

> Further, for the special requirement(instrument, AOP, or so), anything
> prevent the user to add "-Xbootclasspath/p" to replace the kernel class
> implementation? Or, what's the difference on this between RI and current
> Harmony?

So the difference is that for "-Xbootclasspath:", launcher+j9 always
stealthily prepend luni-kernel.jar to user-specified bootclasspath,
while RI allows fully custom bootclasspath.

--
Alexey