harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] DRLVM, jre/bin/default and launcher
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:24:45 GMT
2006/9/6, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com>:

> > Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
> > > HI All,
> > >
> > > Good news! I have a patch to run DRLVM with the classlib's launcher
> > > (I've checked Hello and Eclipse applications on Windows only).
> > > Actually, there are two patches. The first one is for classlib which
> > > changes vm default directory to drlvm.
> >
> > I don't think we should do that - we'll keep it the same as it is now -
> > "default".
> >
> > Why should we change it?
>
> I don't care about it too much. Let it be "default". In that case
> -vmdir option should be specified each time. Is it convenient for
> users? BTW it seems there will be some problems with hythr.dll library
> if we wish to use drlvm and j9 in simultaneously. But that's another
> story...

Evgueni,
The patch you provided hardcodes name of vmdir, so the command-line
option would not help... OTOH, indeed it is possible to put J9 in
jre/bin/j9 and drlvm in jre/bin/drlvm (exactly as Geir said) and just
symlink one of them to jre/bin/default as needed :)

Regarding hythr lib, DRLVM can load the lib from it's own directory,
isn't it? BTW, is there any reason to name it equally with the
classlib's counterpart? I suppose it is loaded only dynamically
anyway.

Still I think this patch is enough for basic launcher support; we can
make it more reliable and customizable later.

--
Alexey