harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [doc] new "Getting Started" guides
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:00:35 GMT
> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html

I have a couple of comments on the contents:

1.
> $ ant fetch-depends

As I am sitting behind the firewall, I have to use

	$ ANT_OPTS='-Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxy.host> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxy port>' ant
fetch-depends

to make sure ant can download dependencies using HTTP proxy.

2.
> As of now, you cannot build from a Cygwin or other alternative shell.

This is not exactly the case.
- DRLVM has provisions in 'build.bat'
to set up environment using Visual Studio environment file 'vsvars32.bat' (and friends).

- if Visual Studio configured system environment during installation, then both DRLVM and
Classlib
can be built from any place.