harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Liang" <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][text] ChoiceFormat pattern parser compatibility
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:57:10 GMT
On 9/5/06, Denis Kishenko <dkishenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> People what do you think about HARMONY-1110?
>
> Problem is we have to reproduce behavior of ChoiceFormat pattern parser without
> specification. There is only one example in Java doc which doesn't
> allow understand when RI assumes that pattern is incorrect.

According the sample in sepc, the rule is very straightforward except
there's no explicit description about expcetional cases.

IMHO, "2#ok #ab" and "2#ok <ab" are illegal patterns, we shall follow
RI. I'm a bit confused about "2|", it's illegal too. But maybe we
could also follow RI if it's not too hard to follow RI. ;-)

Best regards,
Richard

> Thanks
>
> --