harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Liang" <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 03:13:19 GMT
On 9/5/06, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/06, Richard Liang <richard.liangyx@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/4/06, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you've got fast and slow tests, then have a group for fast and slow
> > > tests. Then you can choose to just run the fast tests, and any
> > > automated build system can handle running the slow tests.
> >
> > IMHO, "fast or slow" may not be the key point. The question is whether we
> > have any requirements to run only the regression tests.
>
> No, probably not the key point, but (a) groups don't have to be
> mutually exclusive (so you can decorate it with whatever groups you
> want)

I agree. For example, os.win and os.linux are not mutually exclusive.

Thanks a lot.

and (b) it might be useful for an automated build system to run
> fast tests first, followed by slow (or non-fast) tests.

That makes sense through we have not clear requirement currently.

> Mind you, I don't know what's going to happen with an automated test'n'build
> system; so it might not make sense to do it at this point.

Really? ;-) We could also discuss whether it's feasible to move to
TestNG. As you may know, there are already several threads about
TestNG & JUnit. Here I just review the open questions one by one so
that we have sufficient preparation.

[1]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/%3c44ABB451.30806@googlemail.com%3e
[2]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/%3c7273946b0607240654i7e951260x1e803ce476821982@mail.gmail.com%3e
[3]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200607.mbox/%3c2c9597b90607280631p2b4f6fefldaf4ff1c5cd00406@mail.gmail.com%3e