harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Liang" <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:02:09 GMT
> Well, my question was for what particular reason? for example?
>
> Tio verify correctness of bug-fixing IMHO all the unit, intergration, api, and
> regression tests should be run

Running all tests are always good to verify our code quality. And I
think this is what we have been doing. But what will we do if it takes
us 24 hours to run all Harmony tests? Anyway, running regression tests
could provide some confidence to our bug-fixing. We may consider it as
another option. :-)

Best regards,
Richard

> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> 2006/9/4, Richard Liang <richard.liangyx@gmail.com>:
> >

> > Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > > Hi Vladimir
> > >
> > > Could you please decribe for what purpose it will be used?
> > >
> > > I mean why one might have to either exclude or run only regression tests?
> >
> > If running all tests takes up much time, running all regression test
> > (for one particular version) may be a convenient way to verify the
> > correctness of bug-fixing.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Richard.
> >

> > > Thanks,