harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Liang" <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [classlib][TestNG] groups of Harmony test
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:32:31 GMT
I sent my reply this afternoon, but I have not received it. (it seems there
is something wrong with my smtp server). So I send it again. :-)

On 9/4/06, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMNSO it doesn't make sense to arbitrarily partition the tests based
> on a moniker, such as 'integration test', 'unit test', 'regression
> test' etc. For one thing, developers are generally not good at
> agreeing on the difference between them :-)

This is really a problem, however it might be simpler than we imagine. We
are open to any discussion. ;-) Anyway, developers are required to write
unit tests.

If you've got fast and slow tests, then have a group for fast and slow
> tests. Then you can choose to just run the fast tests, and any
> automated build system can handle running the slow tests.

IMHO, "fast or slow" may not be the key point. The question is whether we
have any requirements to run only the regression tests.

Best regards,
Richard

Alex.

> On 04/09/06, Vladimir Ivanov <ivavladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > tests?
> > >
> > > If running all tests takes up much time, running all regression test
> > > (for one particular version) may be a convenient way to verify the
> > > correctness of bug-fixing.
> >

> > Thanks Richard. It is exactly what I want to say :)
> > On the other hand may be all proposed groups need similar explanation
> (smt.
> > like use-case for group)?
> >
> >  thanks, Vladimir
> >
> > Best regards,