harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] current tests - can we focus on getting everything to pass?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:40:07 GMT
On 9/28/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently there are some threading issues, which affect almost all
> suites (except may be smoke tests). I observe quite many sporadic
> crashes in c-unit, kernel and classlib tests. For example, the
> following assert fails often:
> drlvm/vm/thread/src/thread_native_suspend.c:351:
> hythread_set_safepoint_callback: Assertion `status == (0)' failed.
> Another incomprehensible error is described in HARMONY-1614.
> These defects most probably point to races in TM or VM internals, and
> are hard enough to insulate and root-cause.
>
> Aside from that, there are "known" stable failures, like kernel
> ThreadTest and ClassLoaderTest, or classlib's

ThreadTest is a kind of "always failing test" unfortunately. Now its failure
is related to launcher related issue mentioned in another thread as well as
the HARMONY-1537 issue. All these issues are fixed with HARMONY-1582 patch.
On the other hand, HARMONY-1582 reports that ThreadTest fails showing up new
problems possibly related to H-1519 patch. So ThreadTest is very helpful in
catching regressions and should be paid a special attention to each time it
fails :)

As for general statistics of kernel test failures, ThreadTest fails now on
all platforms in all modes (jet, opt, int) and ClassLoaderTest and
ClassAnnotationTest fail on opt (win, linux), which is under Egor's
investigation.

Thanks,
Elena

org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.JarOutputStreamTest and