harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1582 - invocation API for DRLVM
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:04:51 GMT
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 17:25 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Wanted to start a new thread with better subject line.
>
> I want to take part in this thread too.
>
> 1. As Tim has mentioned in a separate thread the multiVM support requires that
> we don't use global and static variables in native code. One global variable
> used often in drlvm across all of the code is Global_Env::loader_env. I
> didn't find it in the patch code so I want to ask you, did you move this
> pointer into TLS?
Not exactly. You are right I tried to write the code which supports
multi VM. But that was not my main goal at this moment. So what I did
in that direction is
1) I added JNIEnv * into VM_thread structure. So you can always get a
Global_Env having JNIEnv. Probably it makes sense to use VM local
storage to keep Global_Env as well. I consider it as another
task....not InvocationAPI
2) Localized thread library instance for each VM.
3) Fixed those places where Global_Env can be extracted from JNI_Env
*. see jni_get_vm_env function.

> 2. Can we get avoid all of the CR-LF EOLs introduced in this patch?
I will do my best in the future. I promise :-)

Evgueni