harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1582 - invocation API for DRLVM
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:39:15 GMT
> Wanted to start a new thread with better subject line.
>
> Evgueni... two things:
>
> 1) by your own admission, there are problems with the patch, namely
> tests failing.
I do belive this is not the patch problems. I think this patch
disclose existing problems with condition variables implementation.

>You also note that c-unit tests have to be turned off
> because they no longer link.
There is a hack in current cunit tests. Two methods are stubed
vm_attach and vm_detach. That's who linking problem is workarounded.
We can't go forward with this....

> 2) Alexey V is hoping for a description of the changes, due to the
> size and mix of reformatting changes.
>
> I don't mind a little breakage to move forward, but as we're just
> getting DRLVM stable after the launcher change, it might be better if
> we don't have to remove major things like c-unit tests to make that
> forward movement.
I believe it is a question of one day or even less to get it fixed by
original test authors. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with cunit
tests internals. Ofcourse I can fix it by myself but need a little bit
more time....

Evgueni