harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Cleaning insides of Class.h header
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:25:37 GMT
Not sure C++ "friend"s are good design. Although class format is something
one might want to localize to be known to only one entity (like
ClassFileParser), it is much better to provide "format extractor" to anybody
interested in its use and let them manage their content by themselves. This
is how current implementation is designed. If something should be
improved, ByteReader can be extended to provide more advanced "format
extraction" methods than it has now.

Treat the above as "I object". :)

If you see some design issues in current class parsing code, please, fill
free to share.

Best regards,
    Pavel.