harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Cleaning insides of Class.h header
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:11:22 GMT
Weldon,

one of good examples is static_method_block member variable of struct Class.
Its size if calculated, memory is allocated for it, but it is never used
throughout the code. Roughly 3K classes loaded in simple Eclipse usage
scenario (open Eclipse, create "hello, world" application, run it, exit
Eclipse), which means 3K useless memory allocations are made during this
simple run. Heap is fragmented and Visual C runtime has locking on each
memory allocation.

Regards,
    Pavel.