harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Fonts with negative size.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:21:26 GMT
On 9/25/06, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com > wrote:

> It was evaluated as "not a bug". But it is clear from its evaluation
> that negative-sized fonts are treated as positive sized but rotated
> around their origin, say with implicit transform. I'd suggest to
> follow this behavior.

I agree, that the behavior of the negative-sized fonts on RI is looks like
the behavior of positive ones with -Pi rotation. However, if we look at the
font metrics, bounds - we can see negative values for height, width
values...I'm not sure they have any sence without additional documentation
that we can't find in the spec.
Moreover bug evaluation says that RI handles negative-sized fonts for
components in different ways depending on the platform. And it's behavior
unlike the drawing on the frame surface. What is to add - metrics for all
these various cases are the same, it means that RI has erroneous behavior in
some way.

I would suggest not to follow the RI and mark it as "non-bug difference" as
the RI hasn't any clear documentation on this problem and it's
behavior erroneous and depends on the platform or component type.

Thanks,
Ilya.