harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] svn:eol-style = native (LF vs CRLF)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:29:49 GMT
On 9/13/06, Tony Wu <wuyuehao@gmail.com> wrote:

> After going through this thread, I realize there is another possibility to
> encounter the problem even you are working on single platform,
> 1.the file you are working on does not have eol-style property and the
> latest commit is performed on Unix system.
> 2.you create a patch.
> 3.when applying the patch, your patch-apply tool consider it is on win32
> system and convert all the LF to CRLF.
> 4.your local copy is dos style and the remote copy is unix style so you
> get
> totally different files when compare the bytes.

Tony, thanks, it is exactly the case I've described in my post.
I also thought that the reason was the svn:eol-style property for
certain files or my local svn settings.
Also I was wondering if the idea suggested in this thread was already
applied for all modules (and security module was just missed), or it is in
progress now. I think it is a good idea to set this property for all .java
files in modules at once.

Regards,
Ilya.