harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][internationalization]Are log messages and tools usage text to be internationalized?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:39:07 GMT
Agree, we should follow the conventions we've reached.
For future updates I'll add the convention to the HARMONY-1308 comments,
where the way to internationalize messages is described.
As for already processed modules, I've found only few error strings and
console messages in beans, auth, security, instrument and logging
modules. Thus we can leave it as is now for these modules and do it later in
lazy way.
Messages naming convention is seems to me more important for modules with a
huge number of messages of different types, such as x-net and rmi. These
modules have not been internationalized yet.

Regards,
Ilya.

On 9/13/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it could be done in lazy way...
> But it defenetly should be done.
>
> SY, Alexey
>
> 2006/9/13, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any non-exception messages in the other modules which are
> > already internationalized? I think, if there are any, they should be
> > modified to follow the new convention.
> >
> > --
> >  Oleg
> >
> > On 9/12/06, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote: