harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][internationalization]Are log messages and tools usage text to be internationalized?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:52:01 GMT
 Hi all,

During rmi module internationalization I've faced with loads of log messages
(e.g. take a look at o.a.h.rmi.DefaultRMIClassLoaderSpi).
Also some classes (e.g. o.a.h.rmi.compiler.RmicStrings) have strings that
are the usage texts of any console tool.
I think we shouldn't internationalize such messages, however I'm not really
sure about that.
If we internationalize them - we'll obtain fully internationalized module
it is an advantage.
>From the other hand - if you have to analyse someone's log, it is useful if
the common langauge was used. Moreover, messages.properties file with the
list of all messages will be too huge to find appropriate messages for new
classes developed later.
Any thoughts?

Ilya Okomin
Intel Middleware Products Division